Black Friday is approaching soon. I love shopping ULTA and especially on Black Friday.
Check out these 10 secrets to getting the most for your money on Black Friday!
1. Expect ULTA’s Black Friday 2019 ad to drop mid-November.
In 2018, the ad dropped on Nov. 18, later than normal. In 2017, the ad dropped on Nov. 13.
2. ULTA’s Black Friday 2019 store hours actually start on Thanksgiving.
Is ULTA open on Thanksgiving? Yep.
ULTA Black Friday deals will show up online on Thursday evening at 6 p.m. ET. The store will open at 6 p.m. ET too, although you should double-check with your local store because hours can vary by location.
3. Don’t go into the store on Black Friday! Shop ULTA.com.
The best strategy is to shop ULTA.com as soon as deals go live. There’s no reason to go in store, since deals are the same for both.
Also, don’t wait until Black Friday to shop ULTA, since all deals are “while supplies last” and the best ones always sell out first. Get your phone or laptop out on Thanksgiving and click away!
4. Do not miss Cyber Monday at ULTA — it’s basically ULTA Black Friday 2.0.
I’m not gonna say ULTA’s Cyber Monday is better than Black Friday. But some ULTA-loyal people swear by it, because of the extensive deals on prestige brands.
Cyber Monday at ULTA is basically an extension of some ULTA Black Friday deals, along with new deals like:
Get 50% off tons of prestige brands like bareMinerals, Benefit, Urban Decay, Stila, Smashbox.
Get a free prestige-brand gift with purchase. For example, get a 3-piece Urban Decay gift with a $40 Urban Decay purchase. Same for Too Faced, Benefit, bareMinerals, MAC, Lancome, Stila, Estee Lauder, NARS, Clinique, etc.
Get $10 off your purchase of $50 or more with a promo code listed in the Cyber Monday ad.
5. Plan to spend at least $60 online so you can get a free gift with your purchase.
In 2018 the gift was an ULTA makeup set with a blush brush, lip gloss, lipstick, eyeshadow palette, cosmetic bag and more, valued at about $73.
Plus, you get free shipping when you spend at least $35 online.
6. Looking for a Morphe palette like Jeffree Star or James Charles? Skip ULTA.
Let’s face it — ULTA probably won’t have a stunning deal on Morphe makeup palettes during Black Friday — they haven’t before and they probably won’t this year.
But, you can still get a discount when you follow this strategy: Sign up for Morphe emails and get a unique 10% off discount code for your first order to use on a Morphe James Charles palette or Jeffree Star palette by Morphe.
ULTA prices generally follow Morphe’s website prices. But, you’ll get an additional 10% off on your first order when you buy directly from Morphe, giving you good reason to pass on ULTA.
TIP: Use code JSTAR to get a 10% discount on Morphe stand-alone products anytime you’re buying from the Morphe website. Unfortunately, this code won’t work on influencer collaboration lines like Jeffree Star or James Charles.
7. Aim for at least 50% savings on everything from Urban Decay to bareMinerals.
Most of ULTA’s holiday hot buys during Black Friday offered about 50% off. Sometimes up to 74% off.
For example, last year we saw a mix of Black Friday deals on prestige and non-prestige brands.
8. Use a $3.50 off $15 ULTA coupon if there’s one in the Black Friday ad.
Pay attention to ULTA coupon exclusions so you aren’t disappointed when you go to check out.
9. Buy The Body Shop brand items from ULTA, not The Body Shop.
Why? Honestly, just for the free gift with a purchase.
The Body Shop offers the exact same Black Friday deals as ULTA does on their own products — 40% off all products, sitewide. But at ULTA, if you spend $60, you can get that free 9-piece gift set.
10. For Black Friday deals on shampoo and conditioner aim for savings of at least 59%.
Jumbo Love starts just a few weeks after Christmas, so hold off on Black Friday shampoo deals unless you can save at least 59% (the minimum savings during Jumbo Love).
During Jumbo Love, here are typical savings tiered by brand:
11. Don’t buy Philosophy shower gel at ULTA — buy it at Macy’s instead.
Last year ULTA offered $18 Philosophy shower gel for $12, but Macy’s offered it for $10. Don’t pay more than $10 for Philosophy shower gel this year!
12. Watch for deals on fragrance sampler sets and beauty gift boxes.